Sunday, October 7, 2018

Social Media Break Pt 3 + A Meditation Invitation

I didn't intend to interrupt the last of my internet hiatus recap with something so sad, but such is life. Thank you, thank you for your sweet words of comfort about our Ed - everyone has been very kind and understanding about our loss, and I'm so grateful for all of it.

Today I finally want to get to the point I've been trying to make for a couple weeks now (in Part 1 and Part 2), and that is - where do I go from here?

While I want to make some changes in my daily life, I don't necessarily want to completely overhaul the things that I do - including this blog. I like Enrychment. It's so ME. There's years of family updates and memories here, and a whole lot of fun and enjoyment. But I have this craving to dig into something a little different right now - something a bit more woo woo, spiritual, and self-care-ish. And that's where you come in.

You know that community survey I kept asking all of you to take for me? (Thank you for that, by the way, and the information is still helpful so you're welcome to take it if you haven't, yet. Prize is forthcoming!) Well I finally have the results for you.

Check it out:

+ When it comes to visiting Enrychment, you guys are tied at 38.5 % for visiting my URL directly, and reading post round ups via email.

Top 5 Favorite Post Topics
1. Fashion/Style and Home Decor/Decorating (tie)
2. Favorite Lists/Currently Surveys
3. Recipes
4. Health/Beauty & Kid-Related (tie)
5. Matilda Jane & Day In The Life Posts (tie)

+ When asked about the best things about my blog and one thing you would change, both topics mostly revolved around Matilda Jane. Almost all of you said you either visited to see how Matilda Jane fits or is styled, or to see my every day life, and a handful of you asked to see more MJ posts.

+ My most followed social media is Facebook, followed by Instagram.

+ 28.6% of you that responded know me "in real life", and the other 71.4% of you do not. Funnily enough, those were the EXACT same percentages for the question of whether or not you are a blogger yourself (28.6% of you are, 71.4% of you are not).

+ Most of you found me by googling Matilda Jane! Not surprised ;) Type in Matilda Jane and then the name of any women's item from the past 3 years, click on Images, and you'll see me ;)

- - - -

That was super fun to see and helped me focus a bit on what exactly you come back for.

And because of that, I realized that getting a little extra woo-woo is proooobably not going to fly with you guys. I know that some of you are interested in things like yoga, meditation, crystals, and manifestation. But as the survey shows, most of you are not. It didn't even break the top 5 topics.

And in an effort to not scare you off, I've decided to take this little woo woo project of mine "off site". But not without inviting you to it first!

Meditation Exploration

Basically - I'm about to embark on a self-imposed challenge to meditate every single day for a year.

A YEAR, ya'll.

And because I have one of the busiest brains around, I'm in hot pursuit of the type of meditation that works best for me. Did you know that there are at least 36 known types out there? I just learned that recently myself. They share similarities, but they all have different aspects that suit all personalities and individual needs. They originate from vastly different types of cultures from all over the world, which I think is super cool. They can be so different and yet so similar.

If you don't want to do the meditation with me, that's cool. I'm happy to just have you follow along on my journey, and maybe hearing my thoughts on all the types will be enough to inspire you. Even if you don't have a desire to meditate and you're just curious - come along!

It's being hosted on a little side blog that I used as a spiritual journal. And for now, it annoyingly has the "blogspot" in the address because I'm not ready to invest in the cost of dropping that.

Go HERE to read my introduction, HERE to see what the deal is in FAQ style, or HERE to sign up for the challenge newsletter.

I hope to see you there!

And as for Enrychment? It'll still exist as is, though likely with less frequent posting until I get my footing back. My October Jane Parade is still coming - I'm waiting on back ordered pieces that STILL have not arrived!! (Gir!)

- - -

Join the Enrychment Newsletter


  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.