It always surprises me, looking back on phases that I don't read many books - what the heck am I thinking in those moments?! I love books! I love to read! Why do I refuse to pick something up for sometimes months at a time? Especially during other months, I binge on books like I won't be able to read them come next month. Who knows.
Last year, I read 32 books, and loved almost all of them. It was a good reading year!
Going into this year, I would love to set one of those really fun, challenge-oriented goals that have you choosing books to fit certain categories, like this one...but I just don't think I can limit myself like that.
I'm too whimsy. I like to pick up what motivates me that moment.
SO, my main reading goal for 2015: read 35 books, or 3/month.
If I complete nothing else, I will be happy with that.
There is, however, a really long list of books that I've been meaning to get to for a long time - usually cast aside by something that sounds more interesting at the moment, or by the next in a series I love. And as more books are released, the list gets longer!
Here are some of the books I'd really like to get to this year:
3. Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg (partially read)
4. The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
5. Discovering Your Soul Signature by Panache Desai (currently reading)
6. The Time Keeper by Mitch Album
8. Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
9. The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp
10. A Grown Up Kind of Pretty by Joshilyn Jackson (currently reading)
11. Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult (currently in my checked out pile)
14. Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
15. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
16. One Plus One by Jojo Moyes
17. Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult
22. Sway by Kat Spears
27. If I Stay by Gayle Forman
28. Love and Other Theories by Alexis Bass
29. My Last Kiss by Bethany Neal
30. Anna and the French Kiss Series by Stephanie Perkins
And this is me stopping, because if you'll notice, #30 is a series, and I'd also like to read the If Only.. series, The Magicians series, the All Souls trilogy, and the Breathless trilogy, and this isn't taking any 2015 releases into consideration. And all of that puts me way over my 35-book goal.
I'd like to think that this means I can hit 50 this year, but do I have time to read more than 3 books a month? I wish...but I don't think so.
Then there's the 200+ ebooks I have that I've been meaning to open up one of these days.
I better get off here and go read ;)
What book(s) are you most looking forward to this year?