1. Book: A Million Little Ways by Emily P Freeman // This book was a little bit difficult & slow-going for me to get through, both because I had to stop and think so many times (kind of the point!), and because it was a little too bible-thumpy for me. Don't get me wrong, I have my religious convictions and a great relationship with God, but scripture & dogma are not an enormous part of that. So that complicated the message for me. However, I loved the point of it all, and some of the sentences she wrote jumped right off the page and into my heart, and I feel changed and invigorated for reading them. I can't wait to see what this new understanding of myself means for the future!
2. Candle: B&BW Marshmallow Fireside // My favorite scent in the world is a roasted marshmallow next to a backyard bonfire. Sure, this is missing the added notes of dewy grass and fresh air stirring it all together, and there's kind of a chemical-note to capturing these smells, but my goodness does this candle make me happy. I LOVE it!
3. Music: Christmas Music on Pandora // I've had Christmas tunes on loop since mid-November, and this is usually how I go about listening to them. I have the Pandora app on my phone and I link it to the blue tooth on our living room sound bar, and set the Christmasy mood all through the house.
4. Drink: Starbucks Peppermint Mocha // At the risk of sounding like a basic white girl, I love this drink. In my defense, I loved it long, long ago, before it was a massive "thing". (Although at least it's not as bad as the PSL!) I've been trying to eat a little better & reserve my sugar and "naughty food" intake to one dessert serving a day so I usually order this nonfat (can't do the sugar free syrup, though...fake sugar is my nemesis.)
5. Nails: Jamberry Deck The Halls & Tinsel Town Wraps // Right now I'm wearing Deck The Halls, which is a clear wrap, over Essie's Penny Talk, with Jamberry's Rose Gold Sparkle for accent nails. I love it SO MUCH - it's so bright and shiny and festive! I haven't worn Tinsel Town yet, I'm saving it for the week of Christmas (paired with Santa Suit), but I have adored it since it arrived in one of my many orders months ago. The gold is actual glitter and looks incredible in person.
6. Book: The Here and Now by Ann Brashares // This book was such an interesting take on YA dystopia. I loved that it was about "when" rather than "where", because so many of those series create a place so similar to the next one - it was unique and interesting to read about now in a creative way and one idea of what the future could become. The love story felt a little underdeveloped and not as exciting as it felt like it should have been, I'm not sure why that is. But I really enjoyed reading it this month. Super good!
7. Clothing: Mossimo Leisure Hooded Tunic // I actually have this in grey, but I'm coveting this blue. I have only been able to find it in the biggest sizes, and I SO WISH I had scooped up more of them right from the get go. It is SO comfy, so cute, and dressier than just a pull over Gap hoodie or something similar. I can be loungy and comfortable while still looking at least somewhat cute. Win-win!
8. Perfume: B&BW A Thousand Wishes Spray // I got this in my VIP tote bag on Black Friday and I wasn't immediately sold on it. I loved the smell of the lotion in the same scent, but for whatever reason I didn't love this the same way. In fact, I almost gifted it! But then I tried wearing a little spritz one day to see what I really thought, and I LOVED it! It smells a lot different on than just straight out of the bottle, and I really like now! It's really pretty - definitely something I can hang onto!
Bonus: Writing Christmas Cards // I really, really love writing out my Christmas cards, and I'm sure that may sound weird as it's sort of chore-like. But I have fun writing out everyone's address while I sip something warm and light a candle. It's just such an exciting Christmasy moment, and I love getting cards back in the mail! Also, I seriously love our cards this year. Love them!