Monday, September 23, 2013
30 by 30 Month 2 Update
Another month has gone by, and I'm now 29. The pressure is on! There's less than a year left to complete my list, and I haven't crossed off a full item yet - yikes!
That's okay, though - I've been making progress on a number of them this last month, and I should be able to cross off a few soon!
Here's how I'm doing!
2. Reach 225 read books on GoodReads. (197/225) I've officially lowered my goal to 225 books from 250. I just haven't been making enough reading progress lately. There are so many other things going on in life and with my list that I just don't have the time to fit them all in. I go in phases of reading a whole lot at once, so I will make up for lost time eventually - but not by as many books as I'd hoped. I've been stuck on the same book all Summer long! Hopefully I can at least get that one behind me before baby!
3. Make 10 different "works of art" (okay, decorative crafts) to hang in the house. (7/10) When I participated in the Mug Swap this year, I painted a tiny little coffee mug painting on a sweet little canvas for my swap buddy. I enjoyed painting it so much, and loved how adorable it looked, that I decided to make one for myself! I can't remember if I mentioned this before, but I have plans for a little homage to caffeine on the backsplash near my coffee maker in the kitchen. This was a great jumping off point, and I have a few other ideas in mind. For now, I have it propped on top of some coordinating mason jars from Beach Blues. Eventually, when I have all of my pieces of artwork collected, I'll organize it into a little gallery. I can't wait to make them! I only have 3 more crafts to go on this one - whoo hoo!
6. Make our family cookbook.
Last I left off, I was organizing our recipes into categories so that I'd have an idea of how to set up our cookbook. I still haven't decided how the final result will look, but I've started typing out the recipes. My plan is to print them all out looking very uniform, and then use color coded card stock for each category to mount the recipes on. Then I may get a little scrapbooky and add some washi tape or stickers or doodles. And I'm thinking I'll put them back-to-back in protective sleeves in a decorated binder. I'm probably a bit more than half-way with typing up the recipes, so progress is happening!
9. Have a pre-planned Christmas sale in my shop and put it all together before baby #3 gets here! I really don't know if this one will end up happening or not, but I've been giving it a real shot. I sat down the other day to decide what and how many of everything I'd like to make, as well as a schedule for getting it all finished in time. I've even planned out promotional and sale ideas, it's just a matter of having the time to get everything finished. Fingers crossed!
13. Finish my movie to do list. (11/62)
My list grew by a few movies I want to see, but I've crossed off 5 or 6 since last month, so it's moving along, slowly but surely.
18. Plan another semi-homemade Christmas and pre-make as many gifts as possible!
The plans are set, and I have about 1/2 the supplies I need. Now it's a question of whether or not I'll get to it all! I seem to have really loaded myself up with craft obligations over the next month - it's a good thing I enjoy it! :)
I have a feeling the next month or two will be slow-going on my list progress, but as nesting sets in - I'm anxious to get some of it done, so here's to hoping!